You want to install a ceiling fan or two in your home, but you’re not sure you can afford to do so. How can you make sure that you’re finding the best deals on ceiling fans, but still purchasing a product that will still meet your needs?
Here are some key points to think about as you shop around for a great deal.
1. Review the reviews. Public reviews are an incredible resource, but they can also be misleading if they are approached incorrectly. Pay more attention to reviews that come from a verified purchase on your preferred site. Look at any included videos or photographs to see how the ceiling fan looks or operates and the compare what you’ve seen to your own installation point.
2. Research multiple sources. Ceiling Fan Choice is just one site of many that offer reviews and advice about ceiling fans. Multiple sites do the same thing. Be sure to review top sites and publications, such as Popular Mechanics or Consumer Reports, to discover more about the tech specs of the ceiling fan and how it may operate in your home.
3. Understand your energy needs. Some ceiling fans are designed to work with incandescent bulbs only. Know what the wattage requirements happen to be so the fixture or fan isn’t damaged by an output that is too high. Compact fluorescent bulbs are not usually a good option in ceiling fans either. Look for ceiling fans that use LED lights or will accept a halogen bulb so you can save some energy without compromising your output.
4. Shop around. Online deals on ceiling fans are one of the most consistent value options that are available right now. With that being said, local stores run local sales and deals that are not always available online. If your budget is tight and every dollar counts, it will be worth a trip down to your local retail or discount store to price out your preferred models.
5. Don’t be afraid to negotiate. Many stores will offer up to a 10% discount on items if you just ask for it. On a $70 ceiling fan, that’s enough money that’ll buy you a nice sandwich for lunch before you install your new ceiling fan. You can ask for any discount percentage, but an unrealistic request will usually result in a denial and that ruins your negotiating position. You can also ask if there are in-store coupons or discounts that might apply to your preferred ceiling fan, even if you’re shopping online.
6. Wait it out. The latest models of ceiling fans will always be priced at the highest possible margin. Look at models from past years to purchase a new, in the box, but an older product that will still perform adequately for your home. Refurbished ceiling fans are another option for securing a great deal.
Great deals on the best outdoor ceiling fans and in other categories are out there. Choose your style, set your budget, and have fun shopping!